Handbag shopping has become one of the favourite things that women do. The reason for the high scale dependence on handbag is because of the role that it plays. Many of us are willing to splurge on a handbag. However, there are things that many of us do not consider when buying a designer handbag.
We have listed some of tricks that you may want to use on your handbag. These tricks are simple tips you need to know:
Protecting the Material
The material used on the handbag is very important. You will have to guard it jealously away from dirt or mold. There are products in the market that demand you use a different approach to the cleaning of the bag. A suede bag should be handled differently from a leather bag.
Storing the Bags Properly
You don’t have to toss your handbag haphazardly at your closet or allow it to be bullied by shoes and clothing. You have to store it ideally in an upright state. Don’t store your bag in vinyl or plastic because moisture is trapped inside. Your bag should be stuffed with acid-free tissue papers, sweaters, or scarves when storing.
Handbag users should know how they deal with the different types of stains on it. Each stain should be handled differently.
- Food stains: Take a white chalk and crush it and allow it to sit on the bag stain overnight. Then brush the stain away with a clean cloth.
- Oil stains: Apply cornstarch on the oil stain and rub it to create heat from fiction that can absorb the oil.
- Ink stains: Make use of a white eraser if the ink is still fresh. Don’t apply much pressure on the bag.
- Water stains: You need to blot water stains and allow them to dry.
- Odour removal: If you bag has odour, take a plastic bag that is filled with baking soda and drop inside the handbag. Allow it to stay for some days.