Weddings happen every Saturday in Africa. There is hardly a Saturday that will not have a wedding event. While people prepare for these weddings, the bridal shower has become a welcomed tradition in every part of the continent.
When preparing for a bridal shower, the outfit selected is important. We have made a simple basic rule you can follow.
You should know that bridal showers vary in theme or formality. Here is what you should do when it comes to selecting bridal shower attire.
- You have to dress to impress people, even if the theme is casual
- You should wear neutrals, bright colours, and pastels, neutrals to suit the occasion.
- You will look great on floral prints.
- Find something comfortable to allow you to move around easily.
- You should accentuate your neutral top or outfit with bold accessories or shoes.
What You Must NOT Wear to a Bridal Shower
- You Must Not Wear White: Stay away from white! The bride-to-be has white as her signature and might want to rock it.
This wedding dressing etiquette applies to a wedding too.
- Stay Away from Black:Black looks a bit somber for a bridal shower. You should go a happy, festive, or celebratory colour. However, you can go for softer navy or gray.
- You Should Not Wear Too Sexy, Tight, or Revealing Outfit:The bridal shower should not be the time to show off your sexy curve. The event is an all ladies afire and should be taken as a technical part of the wedding.
What to Wear to a Fancy Bridal Shower
You should find clues on the bridal shower invitation for the theme of the bridal shower. The words in the invitation can reveal a lot of things about what to expect in the event.
Here is what to rock for bridal showers at a restaurant, hotel, or country club. You can go for cocktail outfits such as
- A cashmere sweater and a sparkly pencil skirt, dark tights.
- A velvet blazer and a pair of satin ankle-length pants, and heels.
- A cocktail dress.
- A blouse, a pair of flowy, silk pants, and a jacket.
You can accessories such as formal or glitzy jewelry and a small purse or clutch.
What to Wear to a Casual Bridal Shower
For a casual bridal shower, you can wear the following:
- A denim shirt dress with knee-high boots
- A summery jumpsuit
- A gingham wrap dress
- A floral top, a pair of nice jeans, and a faux fur vest
- You can go for accessories as delicate jewelry and leather or crossbody purse.
What to Wear to a Backyard Bridal Shower
This type of bridal shower is less former because it is private.
However, check with your host to see what type of outfit is expected. Here are some ideas:
- A flowing sundress
- Sandals or wedges
- A pair of colored chinos and a structured top
- A pleated midi skirt, a nice tank, and a linen jacket
- A pair of dark jeans, a boho blouse, and ankle booties
- You can use accessories such as a wide-brimmed sun hat
What to Wear to a hotel Shower
For restaurant or hotel shower, you can use:
- Block heels
- Bright lipstick
- A lace sheath dress
- High-waisted trousers with a tie-neck blouse
- An off-the-shoulder maxi dress
- Matching separates, like a satin jacket and pajama-style pants